If you’re considering a move to Orlando, Windermere, Winter Garden, or elsewhere in Orange County, Florida, medical care options are unoubtedly high on your list of research topics. Much like schools, readily available high-quality healthcare is a priority for families when choosing a new home.
Residents in the Orlando metro area enjoy easy access to many of the state’s best-performing, most cutting-edge hospitals and specialty medical facilities. Orange County, FL is even home to a number of nationally and internationally recognized healthcare centers.
Here’s a quick look at just some of the leading hospitals and other major medical facilities in Orange County, Florida. Every family in the area can take comfort in knowing these options are nearby.
The Orlando Health Cluster in Downtown Orlando
Orlando Health operates a number of top hospitals and specialty medical facilities on a large campus at the southern end of downtown Orlando. Some of the primary health centers here include:
- Orlando Regional Medical Center – ORMC is Orlando Health’s flagship hospital, offering the most advanced healthcare across the spectrum of medical needs. It has Central Florida’s only Level One Trauma Center and only air ambulance service.
- Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies – This prestigious facility provides a full range of women’s healthcare services, including pregnancy, childbirth, and neonatal care. It has one of the country’s most active delivery wards and one of its biggest, most successful neonatal ICUs.
- Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children – Children receive cutting-edge care for a wide range of standard and specialty medical needs at this renowned hospital. There’s also a pediatric emergency room and Central Florida’s only Level One Pediatric Trauma Center.
- UF Health Cancer Center—Orlando Health – One of only four Cancer Centers of Excellence in Florida, patients here receive the most innovative cancer care available. The facility is well equipped with an extensive, diverse roster of cancer specialists and technology.
- Orlando Health Heart Institute – This is one of the state’s finest specialty facilities for cardiology and heart surgery.
The Florida Hospital Cluster in Downtown Orlando
At the opposite, northern end of downtown Orlando, Florida Hospital has its own campus of leading hospitals and specialty medical facilities. It branded the area Florida Hospital Health Village. Some of its main centers here include:
- Florida Hospital Orlando – Florida Hospital is the state’s largest hospital network, and this location is one of its primary—and most successful—facilities. It offers patients the most current medical care across a full range of healthcare needs.
- Florida Hospital for Women – World-class physicians provide the full spectrum of wellness, maternity, and specialty services and surgeries just for women at this brand new, high-tech, 12-story, 332-bed facility.
- Florida Hospital for Children – Health Village also has a highly regarded hospital for pediatric care. Here, kids benefit from access to a large selection of top pediatric specialists and the most advanced, innovate healthcare technologies.
- Florida Health Cancer Institute – This is one of Florida Health’s six Central Florida cancer care locations, a part of the region’s largest network for cancer care. It’s nationally recognized for its comprehensive, multidisciplinary, state-of-the art diagnostic and treatment capabilities.
Lake Nona Medical City
Lake Nona is in southeast Orlando, close to Orlando International Airport. It has a section knowns as Orlando’s “Medical City.” This cluster of medical research centers and medical education institutions also has two world-class special medical facilities:
- Nemours Children’s Hospital – There’s a pediatric emergency room and 95 hospital rooms for kids at this center for children’s care from one of the most respected names in the industry.
- Veteran’s Affairs Hospital – The VA hospital here is a cutting-edge facility with more than 130 beds, a nursing home, a domiciliary, and an outpatient clinic for US military veterans.
Other Top Hospitals in Orange County, FL
Here are some of the other notable hospitals serving residents of Orange County:
- Florida Hospital Winter Garden – Families in Winter Garden, Windermere, and other areas of western Orange County have an exceptional emergency room and a broad range of inpatient and outpatient care available at this hospital. It’s part of the Florida Hospital network.
- Health Central Hospital – This facility in Ocoee is easily accessible from Windermere, Winter Garden, and the rest of western Orange County. The high-tech hospital, which is part of the Orlando Health network, has a full emergency department and range of services.
- P Phillips Hospital – If your family lives in or around the Dr. Phillips neighborhood of southwest Orlando or in Windermere, this Orlando Health facility will likely be the closest. It’s another highly regarded full-service medical/surgical center with a 24-hour emergency room.
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital – Located in the city of Winter Park just north of Orlando, this is another leading area hospital from the Florida Hospital network. It too is a full-service facility with a full emergency department.