Historic downtown Winter Garden is arguably the coolest place to eat, drink, and shop in west Orange County, Florida—and beyond! It’s a great destination for adults or the whole family. One particularly appealing aspect is that downtown is all about local, independent small businesses. Spending money here directly supports your neighbors and community.
Plant Street Market is a major draw in downtown Winter Garden. This food hall-style marketplace is packed with a microbrewery, several delicious restaurants, and other vendors selling edibles and non-edible wares as well. Local sourcing and eco-friendliness are a theme at the market’s establishments.
There’s indoor seating, but this is sunny Central Florida; take advantage of the outdoor seating along the quiet tree-lined downtown side street while you enjoy your food, drink, and company. There are even little astroturf areas interspersed with the patio seating for little ones to run and jump around in.
Plant Street Market Offerings
Here’s a quick look at just some of the places to eat, drink, and shop in Winter Garden’s Plant Street Market (it’s not an exclusive list):
- Crooked Can Brewing Company is a microbrewery producing numerous top-quality brews representing a variety of beer styles. It’s one of the most popular Orlando-area breweries, and its products aren’t too hard to find in area craft beer bars.
- Five Thymes Five is the next vendor down from the brewery. This makes it convenient to grab fantastic burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, wraps, wings, chicken fingers, or other classic American dishes from this farm-to-table restaurant.
- Michael’s Ali Coal Fired Pizza is next in line, providing a tasty alternative if it’s pizza the family craves. The crispy-crusted standard and specialty pies are all likely to be a hit, as are the wings, meatball sub, and other menu items.
- Jōdo Sushi offers another quick-service dining option in the marketplace. There’s an impressive variety of fresh sushi and sashimi, and the friendly staff is happy to talk to novices about the food and the experience of eating these dishes.
- Axum Coffee serves some of the richest, most aromatic and flavorful coffee and espresso beverages found in Central Florida, straight from its on-site roastery. The business donates its net profits to various local, national, and international social causes.
- AntiquiTEAs sells about 40 different specialty loose-leaf tea blends. There’s also a nice selection of tea accessories. It’s a recommended stop for any tea fan—or if you need a great gift for a dedicated tea drinker.
- Press’d Juice Bar & Kitchen prepares a wide variety of cold-pressed juices and smoothies made from fresh, local produce, with an array of nutritious additives available. It also offers a menu of vegan snacks and light meals.
- Euro Bake World freshly bakes up a delectable selection of handmade European-style breads, rolls, croissants, pastries, tarts, pretzels, cakes, strudels, and more.
- David Ramirez Chocolates is one of Central Florida’s favorite artisan chocolatiers. It works with only the finest chocolate from Belgium, France, and Switzerland.
- The Local Butcher & Market is the place to go to pick up the highest quality meat, poultry, and seafood to be found in the area.
- Market to Table Cuisine sells ingredients most often found in professional kitchens, including a number of rare items. This is a recommended destination for any and all serious home cooks.
- O2 Breathe is an oxygen bar and a purveyor of massage tools, accessories, and other items. Its motto is “It’s OK to inhale.”
- Our Nation’s Creations stocks fun clothing and accessories for children and adults, home décor pieces, toys, stationary, and other interesting items. Everything here is made in the US.
- Coconut Clean hand-crafts bath and skincare products, prioritizing organic, locally sourced, and fair-trade ingredients as much as possible.
- Woodstone Original Wearable Art provides creative fine jewelry and accessories made from natural materials.
- Collective Kindness sells attractive, beautifully scented candles hand-poured by the mother-daughter team running the company. The candles are allergy and environmentally friendly, and they come reusable containers.