International Drive may be regarded as a bit of a tourist trap by us Central Florida locals, but there’s no denying that there’s some great family fun to be had there. Having all its attractions and restaurants close at hand is definitely a perk of living in the area. And WonderWorks Orlando is one perfect example of the amazing offerings found on I-Drive.
The upside-down building is a thrill to look at, but it’s also tons of fun inside for kids of all ages—and adults, too! The engaging, fun, informative, hands-on exhibits are dedicated to all sorts of science, technology, and nature topics.
WonderWorks is just minutes down the road from home if you live in the Dr. Phillips neighborhood of Southwest Orlando. Or, it’s 8 miles from Windermere, FL or under a half-hour drive from Winter Garden, FL. There’s so much other stuff to see, do, and eat all around WonderWorks that it’s an easy destination to work into a whole day (and evening) out for the family.
Experience the WonderZones
WonderWorks Orlando features more than 100 exhibits spread among six individual, highly interactive “WonderZones.” Your family can experience all these areas with the cost of admission. Give yourself about three hours to cover these six sections.
- The Natural Disasters Zone is dedicated to the awesome power of nature, from hurricanes and earthquakes to electricity and the extreme cold of the North Atlantic Ocean and more.
- The Physical Challenge Zone presents an array of challenges to overcome with body and mind, like lying on a bed of nails, hoisting yourself into that air with pulleys, and others.
- The Light & Sound Zone is all about exploring the properties and possibilities of various types of light and sound, including a giant floor piano for the kids to hop around on.
- The Space Discovery Zone is loaded with hands-on opportunities for you and your children to learn about what it’s like to be an astronaut and different aspects of space.
- The Imagination Lab Zone offers all softs of creative challenges and outlets to stimulate the mind and imagination—as well as the chance to save Earth from an alien invasion.
- The Far Out Art Gallery Zone is a fun, visually stimulating place packed with artworks containing hidden images, optical illusions, eyes that follow you wherever you go, and more.
More Family Fun
WonderWorks Orlando experiences aren’t limited to those in the six WonderZones. There’s a whole menu of extra offerings available with additional ticket purchases.
- The Indoor Ropes Course glows in the dark and towers three stories high.
- Laser Tag is available on site, set in a cool, high-tech maze lit by blacklights. There’s also an arcade at the end of the course.
- The 4D XD Motion Theater offers a theme-park caliber experience, placing you in full-motion seats that are synced up to a 3D movie.
- The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show offers dinner and an incredibly funny show at either 6:00 or 8:00 pm. This is a highly recommended but often overlooked option at WonderWorks Orlando.
WonderWorks Orlando Information
9067 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
9:00 am to midnight, 365 days per year
The Works Cafe:
Serving pizza and other family-friendly food during all operational hours
Next door at the Pointe Orlando garage
$4 for the first two hours, $2 for each additional hour, maximum charge of $10 (as of this writing)